What if we have worked with Bec before? Or I already have a WHS system?
If I sign up, can others in our business be involved in the program?
If you have previously worked with Bec as a consultant or through a training program, we would like to think you are on the right track. That being said, we are constantly working on new ideas and ways to ensure practical compliance. We have also invested significantly in additional resources especially for the Bootcamp. The reason why the Bootcamp may still be for you includes:
- The full WHS Audit – I have previously offered this a consultant at the price of $4,500. This process will identify any gaps and allow you to focus on those areas.
- New tools and templates (including but not limited to)
o A series of checklists – annual, seasonal, monthly and weekly checklists to continue the flow of your WHS after it's put in place
o Machinery competency checklist
o Additional emergency planning tools
o Asbestos management system
o Return to work system
- Webinar for your team – we are running a specific webinar for ALL staff of a business which is signed up to the Bootcamp. This will support you to "get them on board" with WHS. It will explain why it's important, and their role is in the system. We will deliver this in a way that it will be useful to use for future inductions.
- And the next point... it's a cracker!
Absolutely. The Bootcamp is about getting your business up to speed, not just the individual who signs up for the program. Engage the whole team, show them the recordings. A "go to" person (or two) for each business is useful for the coaching component, the Facebook group and the live webinars but the idea is to get everyone on board, the whole team! And remember we are also running a separate webinar, especially for staff.
What happens after the program, how do we make sure we can keep up to date?
We are invested in the long-term upkeep and progress of your WHS system and don't expect to be a flash in your pan. We will continue to support you in two ways after your round of the boot camp is complete:
1. Anyone who completes the Bootcamp will be added to a closed, private Facebook group. This will create what we call a "community of practice" where we can all share ideas about WHS such aslegal updates, tips, tools, new ideas. We will discuss challenges and what motivates each other. We'll share new findings, learnings,resources and be a voice of reason. How much is that worth?
2. We are pledging to conduct a free webinar for previous participants of the Bootcamp every 6 months to keep you updated. This will only be for Bootcamp participants. If there is nothing to update, we will use the time to motivate or discuss the focus areas for the regulators.
How long will it take me? I'm time poor!
Everyone is time poor. This question is actually not about time, it's about priorities. If you are starting from scratch, yes, this program will require a few hours a week to be dedicated. If you are reviewing an existing system, it will be much quicker. Keep in mind that if you aren't finished when the Bootcamp ends, you won't miraculously loose access!
I do anticipate you will still have stuff to do at the end of the six-week delivery component of the Bootcamp. The coaching component may have come to an end, but access to support through the Facebook group as well as to the recording and templates will be ongoing. You may even choose to leave the "easy stuff" until after the program is over and fine tune the trickier stuff while you have access to the support.
We have designed the program in an efficient manner and cut out the crap so you don't need to troll through reems of files to find what you are looking for. It's there. Ready for you to customise and use. So, if you are time poor, this program may well be for you.
What if I can't attend a webinar?
The program is designed to be self-paced, recorded for you to watch in your own time. The live Q&A webinars will be at a set time BUT they too will be recorded for you to watch. In addition, you will also have access to the portal for six months from the start of the program. At the end of that time, you can simply download whatever you want to continue to have access to.
Then majority of WHS provisions are harmonised nationally – this means it is the same across all states and territories. There are a few differences between states (such as electrical safety for example) but these will be identified throughout the program. So... we welcome participants from all states!
Generally we will focus on agriculture throughout the program and the issues, hazards, risk and requirements of all farming business. We have a wealth of specific information for irrigated and dryland cropping and livestock and lots of info for the intense industries like horticulture, lot feeding etc.
We will also work with someone from a specific industry to meet your specific needs. The idea of the Bootcamp is to give YOU the tools to manipulate OUR content to meet YOUR business needs. This means that any industry will significantly benefit from our Bootcamp.
Surely I don't need this? My business is only small... it's only my family and a couple of others?
If your business is only made up of family members, discussion is probably open and ongoing and WHS can probably be a bit more casual. But even if you only have one or two employees, and maybe some contractors or casuals on occasion, you really do need to make sure you have some basic systems in place to ensure their safety. This is about protecting you and your family, and them and their family.
It's not cheap.... eeeeekkkk!
Nope, it's not cheap. It's quality and it's peace of mind. It's 15 years of curating a package. It's one on one support. It's ongoing support. It's templates and efficiency. It's an audit (alone valued at $4500!).
It's incredible value to protect yourself, your team and your business... but cheap? Nah, not cheap.
We are happy to be known for value and the superior quality of our package.